Got a jar of PERi PERi sauce knocking around? Wayne Collins, the celeb mixologist from BBC’s Something For The Weekend has created two unique cocktails with Nando’s Extra Extra Hot PERi-PERi Sauce as his secret ingredient.
His unique recipes combine the piquant flavour of the famous African birds-eye PERi-PERi Chilli (synonymous with Nando’s) with two refreshing combinations.
The PERi-Mary is a spicier twist on the classic, great to enjoy on a night out or simply when chilling out over a lazy brunch with friends.
Wayne says,’This is a fantastic and contemporary twist on the world renowned brunch drink the Bloody Mary but using Nando’s Extra Extra Hot PERi PERi Sauce. The rich and addictive, super spicy kick of this sauce really harmonises with the fresh sweetness of the bell pepper and juicy tomato so no need for any extra spicy seasoning’
- 2 x 25ml measures of vodka infused with ½ teaspoon of Nando’s’ Extra Extra Hot PERi PERi Sauce
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 5ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 25ml freshly extracted bell pepper juice
- 50ml pressed tomato juice
An elegant and sharp drink which combines fresh lime juice which, coupled with the warm heat of tequila makes it the ideal thirst quencher, suitable for any intimate affair.
“This is a tantalising and morish take on the classic margarita with fresh agave sweetened lime given a kick with a good jerk of Nando’s Extra Extra Hot PERi PERi Sauce that is all at once calmed and cooled with fresh crushed cucumber.”
- ½ teaspoon Nando’s Extra Extra Hot PERi-PERi Sauce
- 1 x 25 ml measures of Tequila
- 1 x tablespoon of chopped cucumber
- 20ml fresh squeezed lime juice
- 10ml agave syrup